Variation on sharing files

Ray Auge yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Feb 12 22:48:02 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 00:30, peter wrote:
> sure, the only difference would be that one internal drive is called
> /dev/sda and the next /dev/sdb, etc. or hda and hdb (depending on
> whether the disks are scsi or ide). can't say anything as far as if
> you'll get any wierdness from programs or anything, though, if you're
To this I say, absolute wierdness. Do not atempt to run apps this way.

Otherwise, there is no problem sharing user files accross installs

basically, in YDL you could mount the debian stuff as /mnt/debian/home
vice-versa, in debian you could mount the YDL stuff as /mnt/YDL/home

either OS is completely unaware of the fact that they are being cheated
upon ;)

Ray Auge