Share files between Mandrake and YDL

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 13 06:51:01 2004

Mr. Auge:

Ray Auge <rayauge AT doublebite DOT com> wrote:
> Although the details given by Mr. Ruprecht are
> absolutely correct, allow me to provide you with
> a more user friendly approach to doing this.

Please do!

> In YDL 3.0(.1) there is a great little GUI in the
>
> 	Menu->System Settings->NFS Server
>
> There, after giving the root password you should see
> any directories that you setup in the exports file
(If
> not you can create them now).

That would be great.... Unfortunately, my installation
of YDL 3.0 does not have "NFS Server" in the menu. :-(
Is there something else I need to install? I would
love to deal with all this through a GUI (due to my
Macintosh child within).

I did, however, see Menu > Server Settings > Services,
that allowed me (after validating my root password) to
activate the nfs server via a checkbox (odd -- I
thought I had already activated it manually). Maybe
that is a step in the right direction.

Again, I do not have time to play with this until
later. I would not be surprised if nfs sharing starts
working after I revisit it for just a few minutes.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and help!

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald
AT sbcglobal DOT net>