Share files between Mandrake and YDL

Ray Auge yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Feb 12 22:39:01 2004

Sorry just need to add my two cents.

Although the details given by Mr. Ruprecht are absolutely correct, allow
me to provide you with a more user friendly approach to doing this.

> I played with this briefly, but it hasn't worked, yet.
> I won't be able to return to it until this evening.
In YDL 3.0(.1) there is a great little GUI in the

	Menu->System Settings->NFS Server

There, after giving the root password you should see any directories
that you setup in the exports file (If not you can create them now). It
is very straight forward. You'll only need to set options on the first
window.

Directory   /somedir
Host(s)	    the ip of the Mandrake box
	or your network (so that other hosts on the network can share). 	For
this, if your IP is 192.168.0.1 then the network is 	192.168.0.0
Basic Permissions obvious

Click OK and your off. To make sure nfs is running run this command from
a root console

# /sbin/service nfs restart
> to work without incident. Unfortunately, I was not
> able to mount the directory on my Mandrake box (a
> Dell-made PC). However, as i said, I haven't tried
> very hard, yet.
>
> > You can make a link from your nfs script to your
> > runlevel directory on machine A, so it always
> > starts up NFS.
ie. To make sure that NFS is running every time you boot, run this
command from a root console

# chkconfig --add nfs
> > Then you can make an entry in /etc/fstab on
> > machine B to always auto-mount the directory on
> > startup.

Now, for the Mandrake side.

Either from the command line, the menu, the Desktop, or from the
toolbar, open Mandrake Control Center. After the root password, click on
Mount Points->Set NFS Mount Point->Search Servers...

After a few seconds your YDL box should show up in the list of servers.
Just point and click on the selected share and follow the prompts to set
it up.

Good Luck! And have fun.

Ray Auge