OpenOffice.org on YDL -- Not Quite There?

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 15 09:27:01 2004

Mr. Norbert:

mare AT wanadoo DOT nl wrote:
> Good news: Copy and paste will work on ydl.
>
> The yellow dog support site gives a link on its
> first page (scroll down!) for the solution.

That is *EXCELLENT* news! If you are ever in Lubbock,
Texas, I will purchase you a beer (or your beverage of
choice). Thanks!

<http://porting.openoffice.org/linuxppc/ppclinks.html>

Unfortunately, that brings me to my biggest personal
shortcoming: I have *never* successfully installed a
program on Yellow Dog Linux (except for those packaged
with the yum system). I always get bogged down with
dependencies that I have never been able to resolve.
:-(

However, the page you refer from the OpenOffice.org
site has very explicit and seemingly straightforward
instructions. This might be my first chance to join
the rest of the Linux community and actually install
some software. That will be fun.

Wish me luck!

Best wishes,
Clint