Error Message

John Kebbel yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 15 11:44:01 2004

I'm running an original iMac with YDL 3.0 with a USB hub in each of the
two USB slots. 1 of the hub ports connects to a USB that lets me shift
my USB printer to my iBook, iMac, or Compaq laptop. I also have a zip
drive in fstab loading at sda4. I'm gettting a strange error message.

This message prints in the command line after the login: message before
I get a chance to login ...

usb_contro/bulk_msg: timeout
sda: Unit Not Read, error = 0x7000

Then this message prints over and over again every few seconds ...

usb__control/bulk_msg: timeout

Anyone have an idea of what's generating the message. I'm a hardware
newbie to Linux, so I'm so overwhelmed with possibilities I'm paralyzed.