"GLib incorrectly installed"?

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 17 06:01:02 2004

At 11:48 -0000 on 2004-2-17 LEONIDAS JEGOROVAS wrote:

 > So I install GLib 2.3.2, but when I try to install ATK or Pango
 > they say that they cant find GLib or that GLib was incorrectly
 > installed.

Did you install it from sources?  If so, it may be the case that
it's been installed in /usr/local/lib which is not in the library
path.  To fix, edit /etc/ld.so.conf and add

/usr/local/lib

on a new line.  It is also possible that glib-config--installed in
this scenario in /usr/local/bin--is not is your path, so check and fix
this.

In any case, even if libraries were installed in known directories,
you may have not run ldconfig to take them into consideration.  So try
it anyway.

Hope this works,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.