Printing question

Ray Auge yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 17 09:26:02 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 03:51, Markus Tarköy wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I want to access a printer on my local network but do not know if that is
> possible. I have a G4 running YDL 3.0.1 and a G3 which runs Mac OS 8.6 and
> to which is locally attached a HP Deskwriter 660C (printer port). Is it
> possible to print from the YDL Box to this printer and how would one do
> that technically? Or is there another solution?
>
> Thank you for your comments and hints
> Markus

Mac OS X uses the Cups print server, if you set the permissions for this
printer to be shared, then from any Linux machine (that has cups
installed) should automatically see this printer on the network. If not
it's probably because you don't have Cups installed.

Simply do that (install cups) and in all likelihood, you'll have
printing within a minute or two (the time cups takes to find other
shared cups servers on the network).

Good luck.

Ray Auge