YDL 3.01 Install Error

Scott Kellogg yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Feb 19 08:34:01 2004

Hello, I am having trouble finding information on Google about my
problem.  I am attempting to install YDL 3.01 on my 700 Mhz iBook.  The
iBook has 2 major disk partitionsL: one for Mac OS 9.2.2, and one for
Panther.  I am attempting to install into the Panther partition (I no
longer want Panther on the machine).

I can boot to the YDL CD, and step through the intial install dialog,
selecting mouse, keyboard, and language.  When it comes time to
partition the disk, all three methods (auto, disk druid, and pdisk)
throw a Python exception and abort.  I do not have my Panther disk with
me, so I cannot initialize the partition with Apple's Disk Utility.  I
experience the exception using both the graphical and text install
methods.

Is there anyone here who can shed some light on my problem?

Thank you,
Scott Kellogg