YDL 3.01 Install Error

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Feb 19 09:23:01 2004

Mr. Kellogg:

Scott Kellogg <glaive AT glaive DOT org> wrote:
> I am attempting to install YDL 3.01 on my
> 700 Mhz iBook. The iBook has 2 major disk
> partitions: one for Mac OS 9.2.2, and one for
> Panther. I am attempting to install into the
> Panther partition (I no longer want Panther
> on the machine).

Unfortunately, I do not think you can do what you want
to do. The Yellow Dog Linux installer cannot *replace*
an existing partition. It can only install YDL onto
*unallocated* space on your hard drive. To compound
this problem, there is no Mac OS utility that can move
or repartition your iBook's hard drive. The only thing
you can do is to backup your data and files, then
repartition the whole hard drive using Apple's disk
utility. Sorry!

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint