limewire

Simon Slaytor yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Feb 19 14:45:02 2004

Hi Bruno,

I'm suffering from the same problem. However whilst I haven't tracked
down a fix I have narrowed down the cause of the problem, which doesn't
lie with LimeWire. Instead the problem appears to be with Blackdown Java
(I've installed the JRE not the JDK). I discovered this when I ran the
JVM configuration page in Mozilla, the app worked but no mouse input
only keyboard.

This isn't the first problem I've had with Blackdown, previously on an
old PM7500 upgraded with a G4 450 card, running YDL 3.01 and with
Blackdown / Limewire, the mouse would work but LimeWire simply wouldn't
connect the the gnutella network.

I'm now running Gentoo 1.4 on a Dual G4 Gigabit ethernet and I have no
mouse in Java based apps like Limewire.

Not sure how this helps but it might point someone who actually knows
what they are doing in the right direction.

Regards

Simon

P.S. I still use the 7500 running YDL so no flames for the Gentoo
please, I just wanted a more update install than YDL gives me. Plus I
love the FreeBSD ports collection as a resource and Gentoo's Portarge is
a reasonable facsimile and it runs on PPC!