Why doesn't my YUM work and 3 other questions

Ken Simpson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 20 07:55:02 2004

Installed YDL 3.01 about a week ago with no hitches (only OS on the system so
no anaconda probs). However yum doesn't seem to be working.

YUM update doesn't seem to do anything. It doenloads the headers etc but then
says there is nothing to update when i know there is a kernel update to do at
least. I have downladed the new kernel rpm's and installed them by hand when
yum update kernel didn't work either. Any ideas?

Second, is there any way to slow down the pause on the key repeat? I am often
typing more than one letter becaause I am holding down the key fractionally
too long. I can't find where to adjust this

Third, I have downloaded and installed kde3.2. It's very nice. I have had a
look and seen there are no YDL rpm's for a proper setup, but can anyone point
me to where the kde path variables are set? I have checked /etc/profile
/etc/bashrc.

Finally, how do I turn off the booting into the graphical screens. I want to
log in and then type startkde to get everything going.

Thanks for any help you can give
--
Regards
Ken