Setting YDL to use proxy?

Mike Parson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 20 08:59:01 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 03:48:31PM -0000, LEONIDAS JEGOROVAS wrote:
> Hey, I already have set XP to let other comps to use its inernet connection.
> I'm sorry but I don't know what ICF or ICS is, and when YDL boots what
> should it say?

ICF = Internet Connection Firewall? (not sure about this one)
ICS = Internet Connection Sharing (use your XP box as a router/NAT)

> And what do you mean by:
>> I'm assuming you have to NIC's in your XP box.

This should probably have read:
"I'm assuming you have two NIC's in your XP box."

He's asking if you've got two Network Interface Cards in your XP
system.

What should your YDL box say if it's using your XP box as it's router?
If you log in and type '/sbin/route' you should see the IP address of
your XP box as the default route.

Before this can happen, you'll need to config your YDL box to use the
XP box as it's router.  If you have it set to get it's IP via DHCP,
this should happen automatically, if you don't, then you will have to
set this configuration manually, fire up 'redhat-config-network' from a
command-line, or I'm sure it's in one of the KDE menus (dunno which one,
I don't use KDE, but I'm sure it's got an obvious enough name)

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org