Opening ports 25 and 80 on Yellow Dog 3

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 20 07:58:12 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 10:38:46PM -0500, Jeff Galloway wrote:
> For the life of me, I can't seem to open ports 25 or 80 after
> installing Yellow Dog 3.  I have mail and web servers set up on older
> Powermac machines 7200 and 7600, using old versions of Yellow Dog
> linux, but now that I've installed YD3 on my PM 7500, I can't seem to
> open these ports.  According to IPTables, they should be open, but
> they're not.  What am I missing?

Look at the output of "iptables -nvL --line-numbers".  It's possible you
have an earlier rule that is blocking the connections prior to the
one you think should be allowing them.  You may also want to log these
connections to insure they are going out.  If you don't see anything
obvious, post the output and maybe someone else can see it.

Also, make sure that the rules on your 7200 and 7600 are allowing
connections from your 7500.  You may be getting out, but are not
being let in.

--
Ken Schweigert, Network Administrator
Byte Productions, LLC