Dual boot ydl and OS X

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 24 20:19:01 2004

At 12:19 +1100 on 2004-2-25 Greg Hamilton wrote:

 > Running ybin in Linux should get my yaboot prompt back though I
 > think yaboot likes to distinguish b/w OS 9 and OS X. That should be
 > interesting since they're both on the same partition.

Did not try this, but how about having

    macos=/dev/hdaXX
    macosx=/dev/hdaXX

in your yaboot.conf (with XX the common OS X/OS 9 partition).  Since
the two boot in different ways from OF, it should work (again, I have
not tried it though).

Should you try it, let up know what happens.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.