read only file system

Henry Olders yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 25 08:28:01 2004

On Tuesday, Feb 24, 2004, at 21:18 Canada/Eastern, mascarasnake wrote:

> try
>
> /dev/sdb6		/macos9	hfsplus	auto,user,rw        0 0
>
> This should auto-mount the drive, enable user mount/umount and give
> read/write capabilities.

Thank you for the suggestion. I changed fstab, unmounted and remounted
the drive, this is what the mount command shows:

/dev/sdb6 on /macos9 type hfsplus (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)

but when I attempt to make any changes to any files or directories, I
still get:

[root@mac7200 macos9]# touch HenryWebSite
touch: setting times of `HenryWebSite': Read-only file system

I thought maybe the permissions, but I can't modify those either; it
just comes back with "read-only file system".

Is it possible that hfs+ files are only supported as read-only by YDL?

Henry