Printing silly characters and blackout of pages

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 25 15:45:02 2004

Hi:
Recently, after I updated YDL 3.0 using yum my printer started to go on
the blink, in the sense that when told to print a CUPS test page it
writes the entire page black, when printing some source from within vim
again the same behaviour.  When using Open Office and printing from
within that application it will take a two page document and print two
lines centered in the middle of the page.

Any clues how to cure this anomaly??  I've informed HP the specifics
regarding driver etc., but yum reports that hpijs 1.1 is the latest
driver and cups is current as well.

Should I recompile the kernel after installation by yum?  Things somehow
worked before without doing that.  The printer is a replacement printer
which HP sent to me as the old one failed or was behaving like this
after one year under warranty.  This printer is not even in use two
months and it's acting up.  HP was informed of that also.

Any ideas??  I'm all out...  Thanks..