YDL working on 6400 based machine with L2 G3?

Scott Strungis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Feb 26 07:34:01 2004

Hi everyone,

I've asked this once before and not gotten a lot of feedback, so I
thought about selling the card.  Now it turns out that my buyer has
backed out....So I will ask again.

I recently installed YDL onto my stock 6400 with a Voodoo3 card and
maxed RAM.  I want to use it as a server machine most of the time.  Once
a month I will be booting into OS9 to work on some desktop publishing,
but the rest of the time it will be doing netatalk and samba serving in
my house.

Now the machine boots just fine using the stock 603ev chip.  When I put
a Newertech card in there to speed it up, the machine hangs just before
the dog pops up in the console...Not a kernel panic, but a hang.  I have
to use BootX as this is an old world machine.  I have made sure that the
enabler for the card loads before BootX does.

What can I do?  If I pull the card she boots fine.

Scott