YDL working on 6400 based machine with L2 G3?

sloopy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Feb 26 08:08:01 2004

i would venture to guess it is probly a timing issue... i am using a
8500/G3-500 right now with a Voodoo3 in a dual head setup and it works
fine, but i know where i used to work we had a Starmax 3000 (which is a
very similar machine) with a G3 L2 card and getting it to run reliable
was difficult at best... if i used the console it would get random
lockups but when i just used it as a file server and would only ssh into
it, it would work fine...

does it lockup with the init screen showing or blank? when i had the
voodoo3 in my 9600 it would blank after the init screen and have a black
screen until X would load... and once in X everything would be fine but
if i switched to a VC it would either randomly lock or just give me a
black screen... but in X ran fine...

sloopy.