New hardware

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 27 21:05:03 2004

Awhile back, I wrote asking about how to get a UHCI compliant USB PCI
card to work with my 8500 and YDL 3.0.1. I got a lot of useful advice
including that it was POSSIBLE to rebuild the kernel in such a way that
it would recognize the card and actually work. The best advice, for me, was

Get an OHCI compliant card.

So, I did.

It's in. It's recognized. I have attached a Que! CD-RW drive. I know
it's going to take some effort to get it to write, BUT...

The first step has to be getting a CD-R to mount and be recognized.
Since the Hardware Browser says that it's there, but hasn't a clue what
to do with it, neither do I.

System devices QPS, Inc. Que! CDRW
Device Information
    Manufacturer: Unknown
    Driver: Unknown
    Device: N/A

What's next? I'd be happy to read anything, but have no clue where to look.

Thanks in advance.

Olaf