TeX, Lies, and Yellow Dog Linux (was: YDL in Mac OS X Hints today)

Jason DeVita yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Feb 28 09:48:01 2004

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Clinton MacDonald wrote:
> Can I import existing documents in RTF format to TeX?

I've never done it myself (haven't used MS Office in years), so I
can't vouch for its efficacy, but there is a GNU program called
rtf2latex2e (should be able to find it on sourceforge)  that will
supposedly do just that.  I would imagine, however, that the resulting
latex code would be quite ugly and hard to read (I could be wrong,
though).

There is also a commercial program, called word2tex, which allow you to
save a word document as a latex document (from within MS Word).  I know
that SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics) uses it; so
it must work reasonbly well.

-J