TeX, Lies, and Yellow Dog Linux (was: YDL in Mac OS X Hints today)

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Feb 28 10:57:01 2004

Jason:

Jason DeVita <jdevita AT umich DOT edu> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Clinton MacDonald wrote:
> > Can I import existing documents in RTF
> > format to TeX?
>
> I've never done it myself (haven't used MS
> Office in years)

Good man -- I am trying to wean myself from the
dependency.

> there is a GNU program called rtf2latex2e
> (should be able to find it on sourceforge)
> that will supposedly do just that.

I will give it a try. Thanks!

> There is also a commercial program, called
> word2tex, which allow you to save a word
> document as a latex document (from within
> MS Word).

That appears to be a Windows plug-in, so it wouldn't
fit my workflow (and, it's US$100). Thanks, anyway.

Best wishes,
Clint

=====