Airport Extreme and Post-startup Ethernet

Ray Auge yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 29 20:42:01 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 15:30, Dan Fontenot wrote:

> 2) How do I activate ethernet IP if I don't have the ethernet cable
> connected at startup. YDL nicely configure ethernet/IP settings if the
> cable is connected when I boot, but I would like to be able to connect
> via ethernet without having to reboot.

It's a pain, but do:

su -c "/sbin/service network restart"

--
Ray Auge <rayauge@doublebite.com>

Mirco$oft is the MATRIX. Richard Stallman is Morpheus. Linus Torvalds
is Neo. Bill Gates is the ARCHITECT. Linux is Zion.

And, FREEDOM is the RED PILL.

You can guess what the BLUE PILL is.
So, take a dose of freedom and you might just get to see Zion.

PS: Nobody said FREEDOM was easy. But, it definitely is better.