Airport Extreme and Post-startup Ethernet

Dan Fontenot yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 29 13:25:02 2004

I finally (through a long chain of events) configured Linux on my iBook
G4 (1 Ghz, Radeon 9200) so that my monitor actually looks good.
However, I have two additional issues:

1) Is anyone aware of any progress on drivers for the airport extreme
card or an alternative card that has Linux drivers available. Failing
that, is there a way to activate the airport extreme card within
Mac-on-Linux (which I also finally got to work)?

2) How do I activate ethernet IP if I don't have the ethernet cable
connected at startup. YDL nicely configure ethernet/IP settings if the
cable is connected when I boot, but I would like to be able to connect
via ethernet without having to reboot.

Thanks,
Dan Fontenot
dfontenot@mac.com