installing YDL vs NetBSD

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 2 16:18:01 2004

Try to Reset Parameter RAM: =E2=8C=98 + Option + P + R
power off
power on with =E2=8C=98 + Option + P + R (yes all four keys) held down =
until =20
you hear the startup chimes twice (yes twice)
then hold dow the c key.  The YDL install cd should now boot from the =20=

internal CD ROM drive.

YMMV

On Thursday, January 1, 2004, at 10:09  PM, admin@datazap.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The computer that I am trying to install it on is a G3 Blue & White. =20=

> From
> what I have read it is a new world machine. I was able to find some =20=

> docs
> on the how to find the correct path to the CD, but this didn't help =
me.
> However, I was able to find this infomation with the instruction from =20=

> the
> NetBSD site, but I can't find any docs on what to do with this info =
now
> that I have it. How do I tell yaboot where to find its config file? It
> looks like this could be done from the boot prompt. I just can't find =20=

> any
> docs that tell me how.
>
> Thanks,
> Al
>

> On 1 Jan 2004, K. Olaf Olson wrote:
>> Al,
>>
>> I must have missed the earlier posting, where you told us all what =
Mac
>> on which you were trying to install YDL. It DOES make a difference, =
as
>> to whether you can actually boot from the CD. If you have an Old =
World
>> Mac, ie anything older than the blue G3 (and some of those, too, I
>> believe), you can't boot from the CD. Apple won't let you do this. =
The
>> procedures outlined for Old World Macs describe the procedure you =
MUST