Which video card for Powermac G5 (nivida or ATI)

jaspal kallar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jan 3 15:20:02 2004

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0020181073168703_ID

I can only really afford at the moment a Powermac G5 1.6 with Geforce FX5200 Ultra standard model from a retailer -
good reduced price (~$250 less than the Apple
Swedish website !)

I have at the moment an Apple 23" LCD (that's why I can only afford the G5 1.6 model ;-) Will this be OK
with either Geforce FX 5200 or Radeon 9600 pro with YDL?

My other option for now is to get the powermac G4 1.25 (radeon  9000 pro and noisey compared to the G5) and use it
for 1.5/2  years by which time the YDL on G5 should be mature. I'm assuming that the radeon 9000 pro + YDL will
work with the 23" LCD  ?

  Vinn en helg p=E5 spa f=F6r 2 personer ? http://resor.spray.se

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0020181073168703_ID--