no boot prompt - was OSX 10.3 upgrade fix problems associated with 10.2.8?

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 6 10:46:01 2004

Bob,      I apologize (I think I'm foggy from having been up 'way too
long last night), but I'm having trouble understanding your exact
situation here. I know you've described the problem at greater length in
earlier posts; but I don't have them at hand.

ebolean wrote:

>Hi Harvey,
>
>Thanks for the suggestion.  I think your yaboot.conf might help at some
>point.  My problem at the moment is that I never see a boot prompt - or
>anything that I would identify as a boot prompt.

What do you get when you cold-boot--just a blank screen?

>  Any ideas on that would be
>appreciated at this point.
>
>I reinstalled YDL 3.0.1 last night and set linux as the default - since i
>can't intervene, linux fired up and seems to run normally.

This is where I am confused--it fired up and runs normally? What does
that mean if you didn't boot into Linux?

>  However, the
>only way I could get back to OSX was to boot from a CD and then use the
>startup disk control panel in the 9.22 system folder on my hard drive to
>restart in OSX.

This makes me think you are using BootX, not yaboot, to boot your Linux
system? If so, I won't be able to help--I've never worked with BootX.

Good luck.    --Harvey