mount osx partition

Stefan Jeglinski yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 6 21:36:01 2004

>>mount /dev/hda9 /osx -t hfs
>>
>>don't run. only show some abnormal links
>>
>>how to see the mac osx partition?
>
>Did you first make a directory to mount the partition to? You will
>have to adjust the following to your own layout, but try:
>
>(1) (As root):   mkdir   /mnt/macosx <enter>
>(2) (Still as root):   mount   /dev/hda9   /mnt/macosx   -thfs <enter>
>
>Note that I have exaggerated where the <spaces> go--you only type
>one <space>.
>Hope that helps.    --Harvey

You may want to consider the history of hfs support more. IIRC, this
method is totally deprecated, and can/will result in data loss. The
"new" way was to use hfsutils. Perhaps this has changed since my days
of browsing the venerable linuxppc-user list, but I never heard of
it. What say the other lurkers from the past?

Stefan Jeglinski