An upgraded G4

ArchAngel_Nix yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jan 7 13:03:01 2004

I installed YDL 3 on a PowerMac G4 (AGP) 450 MHz. At the time YDL ran
at a doable speed, not as fast as Panther, but not that slow either. I
recently upgraded my tower to a 1.4 GHz processor. Today I booted back
into YDL to play around and loading KDE took twice as long as it did
before. Also, it took almost a minute to open my home directory.

Do I have to reconfigure/reinstall YDL for the new processor or does
YDL have issues with processor upgrades?

My processor is a 1.4GHz PowerLogix upgrade. I have 512MB of ram and
YDL is installed on it's own 20 GB hard drive which is set as slave.
Thanks for the help.

-Mike Holley-
mike@holleyinc.com