Booting after Panther

Christopher Brown yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jan 7 15:01:02 2004

PowerBook 15" Aluminum 1Ghz
iMac Purple original 333 Mhz tray load

After upgrading to Panther I am not able to burn a bootable YDL disc (I
am unable to burn a bootable copy of my Panther cd either). I have seen
others in these forums talking about the same thing. Does anyone have
any information on this?

I have tried mounting the downloaded image and burning the mounted
image with Toast Titanium 6, and I have tried using the finder to burn
as well. I have tried burning as an ISO, Mac, Mac-PC Hybrid, I have
tried mounting the ISO from the finder and from within Toast. All I can
burn is a coaster. I have tried to burn from a PowerBook 15" aluminum,
G4 MDD1.42, and a 533 G4 tower. All running Panther(all installed from
separate cd's) and all using the finder or Toast to mount and/or burn.
Nada, nothing, zilch, zip, only coasters.

What have the others that have had this problem done, short of
RE-purchasing the install discs, which I would prefer not to do since I
am not convinced that I am doing anything wrong and I just purchased
3.0 just months before 3.1.

Christopher