java support for ydl 3.01

Ben Ricker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jan 7 15:31:00 2004

Looks like Java 3D, of which SceneGraphObject is a part of, is an
add-on. See:

http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/3D/java3d-install.html

Does not look like you can install it on YDL since it is Graphic API
specific either Open GL on Windows or Solaris or DirectX on Windows).

Might check out
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/jdk1.2-status/java-3d-status.html
and try to use the i386 version. Blackdown is porting it to Linux.

Anyway, I would say that the particular site you are using is requiring
a non-standard set of classes that is usually not installed in the 1.3.x
jdk. 1.4 might have it built-in.

HTH,

Ben Ricker