PowerMac G4 17" and YDL 3.0.1 and 3.0 problems

Jeroen Zwartepoorte yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 9 04:55:02 2004

What are you basing this on? I'm typing this on my powerbook 17" in
evolution under YDL 3.0.1, and powermanagement works fine.

Which powerbook do you have btw? The one with an NVidia graphics card or
the one with the ATI card? The former works fine with YDL 3.0.1. The
latter doesn't work with any available YDL ISOs. You have to build your
own 2.6 kernel to get the console working without bugs, and then you
have to build your own XFree86 since the one shipped with YDL 3.0.1
doesn't support the radeon card properly (crashes when run with 2d
acceleration).

Regards,

Jeroen