Starting MySQL on boot

Ray Auge yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jan 10 12:12:01 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 13:54, Ray Auge wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 13:34, Chuck Nodine wrote:
> > I'm having difficulty getting MySQL to start up when the computer
> > starts.
> >
> > I can start mysqld without any trouble by simply typing
> > /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld start
> This script does in fact use the safe_mysqld script itself.
>
> all you need to do to make sure the service starts-up on boot is run
> this:
>
> # chkconfig --add mysqld

actually if you really need to restart services (for testing/debuging),
there is a nice little command called "service" used with any of the
services in /etc/init.d

# service <name_of_the_script_in_the_init_dir_for_the_service> [action]

Without the last argument you get the list of possible actions for that
service.

See "man service" for more details on it.

So,

# service mysqld [start|stop|...]