FW: PowerMac G4 17" and YDL 3.0.1 and 3.0 pr oblems

Michael L Torrie yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 13 09:53:02 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 00:03, Thierry de Coulon wrote:

> AFAIK Apple changes the spec without changing the model name. What does your
> TiBook have for a graphic card? On the 12" TiBook for example, the first
> model uses an Nividia GeForce 420 (or 440?) and that one should work. I got
> the "new" 1Ghz, it has a GeForce 5200 and that one prevents sleep (for the
> time being).

Does your PB 12" allow you to dim the screen in linux?  Mine doesn't.
I'm sure that will work eventually too (it's a PMU support issue).

As for the GeForce 5200, well, that doesn't even allow sleep on intel
laptops.  Hopefully NVIDIA will someday release the specs to allow us to
wake up the chip properly.  I can't imagine why the chip boot seqence
would be a trade secret.  Seems kind of daft to me.

Michael

--
Michael L Torrie <torriem@chem.byu.edu>