Firewire enclosure doesn't work in 3.0.1 [kinda solved]

Gavin Hemphill yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 15 14:12:01 2004

In general firewire cables are NOT very robust.  You have to be really
careful plugging them in to get them truly squared up with the socket.
I've thrown away at least 6 now.  My general response when I see errors
is to check the socket (the contacts on the central male piece shouldn't
be sticking up too much) and then try a known good cable - if the new
cable works I toss the one that didn't.