need help installing on a MAC G3 Blue&White (apology for possible double posting)

admin@datazap.net yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jan 19 15:31:01 2004

> pci@80000000/pci-bridge@d/mac-io@5/ata-3@20000/disk@0:2,yaboot.conf
> Unknown or corrupt filesystem
> Can't open configfile
> Welcome to yaboot version 1.3.10
> Enter help for some basic usage information
> boot:_

Hi,

This is a problem with the bootable cd. Most systems will boot, but the
blue & white's firmware is a bit more picky. I don't beleave that there is
a way to boot from the cd, but if you have more then one machine I would
suggest doing a network boot, it is explain at:

http://penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot/doc/netboot.shtml

Follow the instructions and your system should netboot fine.

You can try another flavor of linux, may I suggest Debian. I have not
tried it, but from what I have read their install cd will boot on a blue
& white without a problem.

You could also try installing NetBSD. You should have no problem booting
from the NetBSD install cd on a blue & white (the install does get a
little bit more involved later on).

Also, try reading the some of the post on the yaboot mailing list. It is
somewhere on the penguinppc.org website.

-Al