apt-get size mismatch: apt/3.0/ base/release incorrect?

John Duarte yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 20 09:39:01 2004

I also am getting size mismatch errors with apt-get, but with yum I get a
python traceback with an offending variable 'RpmError':
[root@ydl root]# yum update
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base
Getting headers from: Fresh RPMS for YDL 3.0
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 updates
rpmdb: /var/lib/rpm/Packages: unsupported hash version: 8
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Invalid argument (22)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 44, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "yummain.py", line 145, in main
  File "clientStuff.py", line 146, in rpmdbNevralLoad
  File "clientStuff.py", line 139, in openrpmdb
NameError: global name 'RpmError' is not defined

Is there something I am missing???

-John