neverwinter nights stand alone server error

Michael L Torrie yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 20 09:48:01 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 09:40, Ken Schweigert wrote:
> Harold,
>
> I believe that NWN is only available to x86 Linux.  To check:
>
> 	[ken@byte nwn]$ file nwserver
>
> If you see anything about it being an x86 executable, then that is
> the case.  If not, post the results of the above command.  It sure
> would be cool to play on YDL!

qemu should be able to run the binary on yellowdog.  It's not trivial to
set up, but once you have it (and all the x86 libraries), you can even
get the kernel to recognize x86 binaries and automatically run them via
qemu.  Qemu is much faster than bochs and lighter, since it mainly just
loads linux binaries and thunks the system calls.

Michael

--
Michael L Torrie <torriem@chem.byu.edu>