Opinions on AppleCare warranty for an iBook

Ben Hall yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 20 12:26:01 2004

Hey everyone,

This is off-topic, but I figured you'd know best.

I have an iBook 700 that is about to run out of the standard warranty, I'm
considering buying the AppleCare extended warranty, but it's  $300CDN and the
laptop was only $1500 new...  I've upgraded the RAM, added an Airport card,
and have upgraded the HD.  (Something I'm glad I did, but would never
repeat.)

So, what do people on the list think?  I've read a lot of reports of logic
boards failing...  Any personal experiences to share?  (If people aren't
interested in this non-YDL question, please reply to my e-mail address
directly...)

Thanks for your time,

Ben