Opinions on AppleCare warranty for an iBook

Stefan Jeglinski yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 20 22:56:00 2004

>So, what do people on the list think?  I've read a lot of reports of logic
>boards failing...  Any personal experiences to share?

Yep. I've experienced most of the well-publicized problems with the
iBook. Mine is the 800. I'd say unless you want to eventually junk
it, buy the Applecare, it's absolutely essential on this laptop, not
even worth arguing unless you like to gamble.

Or, wait for the class-action suit, and maybe get a $30 coupon in the
end. Unless you're on the legal team, then you can really collect.

Stefan Jeglinski