OT-ADB to PC or USB converter KVM switch

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jan 21 16:35:01 2004

I've got just the setup you want running on my desk at home right now.

However, duplicating it is going to cost you some bucks. The pieces are
not cheap.

I'm at work now, so I can't give you the Belkin part numbers off the top
of my head, but you ought to be able to find them at the Belkin website.

What it consists of is this:

1) An SVGA monitor and PS/2 mouse and keyboard that talk to (2) via PS/2 cables

2) A PS/2 KVM switch that switches (1) between two ports: (3a) and (3b)

3a) One port talks to (5) using regular PS/2 and VGA cables.

3b) The other port via PS/2 cables talks to (3b2) and via VGA cable to (3b1)

3b1) a SVGA to Mac-video converter gadget that is connected to (4) via
it's video output port

3b2) a PS/2 to ADB converter box, the ADB port of which connects with a
stock ADB cable to the ADB port on (4)

4) A Blue and White Mac

5) a PC running Win/2K

It all works.