Question from Newbie - PM7500 YD 3.01

Simon Slaytor yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 27 03:42:01 2004

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on a little problem / puzzle
I have.

Ok system as follows:

PM7500
512Mb RAM
Sonnet ATA133 IDE CARD
Sonnet G4 450Mhz 1Mb Cache
ATI Rage 128 Video Card
Creative Labs ESS1371 Sound Card

Yellow Dog V3.01
Kernel 2.6.1 from Kernel.org Altivec enabled / TAU enabled.
BootX 1.2.2 on OS 9.1
PowerLogix Cache Control 1.5 used for cache enabling

So far so good the system is stable and reasonably fast for such an old
timer.

My question is this the output from CAT /proc/cpuinfo is listed below.
As you can see the processor speed is stated at 195Mhz and there is no
mention of the L2 Cache.

[root@BadMac root]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7400, altivec supported
temperature     : 35-37 C (uncalibrated)
clock           : 195MHz
revision        : 2.9 (pvr 000c 0209)
bogomips        : 897.84
machine         : Power Macintosh
motherboard     : AAPL,7500 MacRISC
detected as     : 16 (PowerMac 7500)
pmac flags      : 00000000
memory          : 512MB
pmac-generation : OldWorld

Previously I ran a dual 604e card with 1Mb of cache in the motherboard
slot. When this was installed the cache was reported and the CPU speeds
were correct.

Is the above info correct? is my card only running at this speed? How
can I check that the L2 cache is enabled?

If not what do I need to do?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Simon Slaytor