Question from Newbie - PM7500 YD 3.01

Robert Serphillips yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 27 11:31:00 2004

This info is stored in the boot rom and therefore will always show that
cpufreq regardless of cpu. My 8500 does the same thing. Look at your
bogomips. A value of 900 is roughly in the ballpark for a ppc cpu of
450Mhz. If you set the l2 extension to load before bootx and enable the
cache then it will be turned on in linux. That's how I have my 8500 set
up. Let me know if you need more specific instructions.