Kernel panic: mesh: double DMA start

Drazen Korda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jan 27 11:40:02 2004

I have installed YDL 3.0.1 on an old 7500 upgraded with 220Mhz PPC604,
with 2 internal HD and 320MB memory. I am getting the "Kernel panic:
mesh: double DMA start" when I try to run KDE. If i try 'failsafe'
session, it works and it appears to run normally. I have no idea what
is DMA and some sources on the internet seems to point to memory
(Double Memory Access?!) but other to peripherals in general. There is
no peripherals attached other than keyboard, mouse & monitor and I did
reshuffle the memory sticks several times.

What else could I try? Would a kernel rebuild help?

This might be related: During the post install process, it asked me if
I would like to configure the sound card, which I did. On one of
susequent reboots, it complained the device has been removed and asked
if I'd like to keep it in the config. I have chosen 'do nothing' first
time but the second time I have removed it from config. The card has
obviously not been removed as it's Apple built in one.

Many thanx