Autoresponder w/ Sendmail

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 30 12:33:01 2004

Drew Lane said:

>>There is a little nifty program called `vacation' that does it for you.
>>It used to come with the sendmail RPM but now it looks like it comes in a
>>package of its own--just search rpmfind.net for it and grab a source RPM
>>(there seems to be no PPC version).
>>
> This sounds like a decent solution for the time being.
> Any idea which version I should use?
> Many of them on rpmfind require libraries which I don't think I have
> installed. :-o

Version 1.2.5 (from
ftp://216.254.0.38/linux/sourceforge/vacation/vacation-1.2.5-1.src.rpm)
just compile and installed fine on my machine at school (G5, stock YDL as
far as sendmail goes, i.e., 8.12).  I see no reason for the thing not to
work with an earlier sendmail since it is a pretty basic application.

> Can I pull vacation off any of the older YDL CD's?

I have not seen it there at all.

Stefan