Autoresponder w/ Sendmail

Drew Lane yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 30 14:49:01 2004

>Version 1.2.5 (from
>ftp://216.254.0.38/linux/sourceforge/vacation/vacation-1.2.5-1.src.rpm)
>just compile and installed fine on my machine at school (G5, stock YDL as
>far as sendmail goes, i.e., 8.12).  I see no reason for the thing not to
>work with an earlier sendmail since it is a pretty basic application.

Hey, it worked!  Thanks.

Now my problem is that half of the mail that gets sent out from the
autoresponder is getting
blocked because my mail server is on a dynamic IP.  (I forgot about this
before I asked the question!)

I don't suppose there is a way to use a different outgoing mail server
with vacation?

If I setup an autoresponder with procmail could I specify a different
outgoing mail server?

Regards,

Drew