IBM ServeRAID Under Yellow Dog

Matthew Hielscher yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jan 31 12:44:01 2004

Have there ever been any reports of people getting an IBM ServeRAID
SCSI card to work under Linux in a Mac? I've compiled support into my
kernel, and the card shows up in /proc/scsi/ips and as /dev/sg0, but
the drives are nowhere to be found. The thing with this card is that
you have to set up logical volumes in the card's memory before you can
use them. I did that on an x86 machine before I transplanted everything
into my Mac, but I guess that didn't help. The Raid Manager program for
setting up these logical volumes is written in Java, so I copied the
.jar files from my x86 computer to my Mac and ran that, but it doesn't
see the card. Any suggestions?

-Matt