yaboot boots os x, not linux, b&w g3

Geert Janssens yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 3 03:04:01 2004

Jeffrey Bruton wrote:
> I have a rev1B&W (or maybe rev2 with the first rev of the mobo, there's
> a rev 2 mobo for my machine, but there's no internal scsi. The onboard
> ide controller also has data corruption issues (the rev2 mobo does not,
> sigh) when a slave drive is used, therefore I purchased the Ultra-Tek.
> Well then, I suppose I could reformat the main hd again and put ydl on
> it, I was just trying to keep it separate, not a bad idea. I'm glad you
> know the very card I speak of. I'm going to give it one more try and
> then we'll see from there. I am trying to afford a new machine, so this
> can become a ydl only box. again, thanks, I'll keep this posted.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about your card, but the data
corruption on your slave drive caught my attention.

Just yesterday, I was reading this message:

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/IDE/BeigeG3ROM_slave/BeigeROM_slavecorruption.html

which also talks about data corruption on a slave drive, albeit on a
Beige G3 instead of a B&W.

They managed to fix it with a shorter IDE cable.

It could be worth trying if you need a second drive, and your card won't
work.

Cheers,

Geert