Anyone Using GNU/After/Openstep?

Ed Sutherland yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jul 4 22:56:00 2004

WindowMaker is stable, yet, by all accounts, has seen very little
updating. GNUstep is interesting. The Address Book for Mac OS X is
exactly like the GNUstep Address Manager, save the Aqua interface. I
found Fluxbox to be a better WM for GNUstep.

In the end, I decided to return to OS X. The applications I most use on
Linux were available natively in Mac OS X. While I may not be able to
run zillions of huge applications at the same time and Mac OS X is very
intensive, I finally asked myself 'why am I trying to save RAM or
processor cycles -- so I can leave them in my will??' My new mantra: peg
your processor to the 'red line' and suck up every byte in your computer
-- anything else is just a waste. :)

Ed