Smal question about YDL - moving from kernel 2.4.x to 2.6.x

Krischan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 6 12:46:02 2004

Hi Serguei,

looks like you did everything right - congratulations!

A lot of things have changed from 2.4.xx to the new 2.6.xx line. One
exaple: the module for usb printers(pinter.o) is now called usblp.ko -
took me quite some time to figure this out.

I am using a kernel where I compiled the "everyday" stuff in - such as
the network-card and sound. However I left the usb, firewire and lots
more as module.

The automatic module loading is often done by the hotplug deamon (hope I
am right ;-).

Take a look at

/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

and change "/proc/ksyms" to "/proc/kallsyms"! Quite obvious, eh ;-)
This appears three times!

Also make sure you mount the sysfs filesystem. Easiely done by adding

"none			/sys			sysfs	defaults	0 0"

to your /etc/fstab.

You can also add "modprobe module-name" to /etc/rc.local. This script
will be executed after the other init scripts.

Give me a feedback if it works now.

Good luck

Krischan