SCSI drive designation

Michael Stewart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 12 19:32:00 2004

--0-271435584-1089682179=:86107

I have a 7500 with a 4GB SCSI HD that I partitioned in half and put OS 9.22 on the 1st partition. I then installed YDL 3.01 on the 2nd partition. Everything went just the same as it did on my 3400 w/6GB and 6500 w/14GB (both IDE). But when I went to bootX, however, I could not find the right combination for the HD that Linux was on. When I boot to Linux, I get a kernel panic.

Should I put dev/sda5??? or something else in the box where dev/hda8 was on my IDE installations. In other words, which partition should I tell it to get the linux files from on the BootX spash screen before booting to linux?

Thanks in advance!